Preview performances are starting TONIGHT (March 12) for the Broadway musical Mean Girls and we caught up with the show’s star Erika Henningsen to learn more about her!
The 25-year-old actress previously made her Broadway debut in the latest revival of Les Miserables in the role of Fantine. She will be playing Cady Heron in Mean Girls, the character originated by Lindsay Lohan in the 2004 movie.
Here are 10 Fun Facts about Erika:
- 1. I grew up in Northern California…but people always think I’m from the Midwest.
- 2. I tried EVERY sport growing up. Including rowing, roller hockey and a brief stint in Irish step dancing. It’s a sport. Trust me.
- 3. I went through a phase in high school where all I listened to was Billy Joel.
- 4. I was an exchange student in Regensburg, Germany.
- 5. I took the Pottermore quiz three times to ensure that I am, indeed, a Hufflepuff.
Click inside to read the rest of Erika’s fun facts…
- 6. I have never seen a single Star Wars movie…
- 7. The last role I played in college (Fantine in Les Miserables) is the first role I ever got to play on Broadway.
- 8. My life motto is “Be The Buffalo.” Google it.
- 9. I am very good at Boggle and Scrabble… but my two older sisters are better.
- 10. I am saving up for LASIK eye surgery.
Make sure to see Mean Girls on Broadway and get your tickets while you still can!