Cold and flu season in coming! You can help ease the dreaded congestion with our DIY cold and flu patch, designed to help you breathe easier. Made with menthol and essential oils designed to open up nasal passages, this is an all-natural remedy that may help you feel better. Just apply the paste to a Band-Aid and wear on your chest for a few hours to feel the effects.
If you are sensitive to the patch tape, apply a bit of coconut oil to your chest before affixing the patch to your chest.
- 4 tablespoons organic all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons ginger paste
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons coconut oil
- 60 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 20 drops peppermint essential oil
- 20 drops rosemary essential oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Sterile waterproof adhesive pads, 3×4 inch
- In a clean bowl or jar, mix all of the ingredients into a paste.
- Measure out 1/2 teaspoon of the paste and apply to the cotton center of the patch. Use a paintbrush to spread the paste. Apply the patch on to your chest for several hours or overnight for congestion relief, and breathe easy. Keep the remaining paste covered, and store in a cool and dry place.